PITTSBURGH’S PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE CENTER
The Thomas Merton Center collaborates and networks with many organizations to promote the peace and justice goals, rights, and campaigns of all people, with special support for those groups that are subjected to unjust practices and institutionalized systems of oppression.
The following represents a list of active campaigns that receive major support from the board, staff, interns and volunteers of the center.
ACTIVE CAMPAIGNS AT THE THOMAS MERTON CENTER
– Divestment from Fossil Fuels – led by TMC’s Environmental Justice Committee
– The New Economy Social Movement – led by TMC’s New Economy Campaign
– Stopping Sexual Assault in the Military – led by TMC’s Stop Sexual Assault in the Military Project
– Protect Our Parks – led by TMC’s Marcellus Shale Protest Group
– Pittsburghers for Public Transit – led by Pittsburghers for Public Transit
To get more involved in these campaigns – click on the links above.