BEFORE SUBMITTING A POEM PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1) TMC is a collective-based center for social justice publishing up to two original poems per issue in its monthly newspaper The New People. We welcome your submission! To get an idea of the themes, length, quality, and diversity the collective is looking for in poetry, we invite you to read recent issues.
2) Please submit up to two unpublished poems. We ask that you wait six months before submitting further work for consideration.
3) By submitting a poem online, you are giving TMC permission to publish it.
4) You will get an automatic response thanking you for your submission and a follow up response if we accept your poem for a future issue.
5) We reserve the right to edit your work and/or suggest revisions.
6) The deadline for submission is the 13th of the month.
7) We do not encourage simultaneous submissions and ask that you please wait six months before submitting elsewhere. If you don’t hear back from us in that time, we most likely have declined from publishing your poems and you may submit elsewhere.
8) Please fill in all fields when submitting. If a mailing address is provided, a hard copy of the New People will be mailed to the author.
The New People monthly newspaper operates under a consensus driven model in which volunteer members of the editorial collective work together to edit, proof, layout and choose what work will be included in the paper. If you would be interested in serving on the editorial collective, please email